Thank you for visiting my blog. The site is dedicated to sharing the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God. I share devotionals as well as commentaries, notes and general Bible studies.
Some of my beliefs…
This is by no means a comprehensive list or explanation of my personal beliefs. I share this because people ask where I stand as a Christian.
- I believe in One God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Exodus 20:2-3; Ephesians 4:6; Malachi 2:10) eternally existent in three persons: The Father, the Son (Hebrews 1:6) and the Holy Spirit (John 10:30,38; 14:17). The Bible and the Ancient Church have taught this from the very beginning.
- I believe that Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin Mary (Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:27,35) and is fully human and fully divine (Matthew 14:33; John 1:1; Colossians 2:9; Revelation 1:8).
- I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16) and that His Word must be obeyed by everyone called into the Body of Christ (John 14:15). I believe in the complete accuracy of the unaltered manuscripts in their original languages: Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek, and that no translation is perfect.
- I believe that one can only be saved by being called (elected) by the Lord, being born of the Spirit (John 3:5) and having faith in Him (Matthew 16:21). One can not be saved through another person, angel or saint, church or denomination. Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9; 1 John 4:15) and as such is our only Mediator and Saviour (1 Timothy 2:5).
- I believe in the work of the Cross, that is, the sacrificial crucifixion of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). I believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus from the tomb. His resurrection from the grave gives Christians hope for our future (2 Corinthians 4:14).
- I believe that the Church is the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27) and that it does not consist of only one “denomination,” but rather sheep of His fold from various churches which He has called and chosen (Ephesians 2:19–22). God knows His own people (2 Timothy 2:19). I do not refer to myself as either “Arminian” or “Calvinist” (1 Corinthians 1:11-15). I do not believe that all sects within Christendom are true or faithful to the Word of God. Christians must test all things and make sure their beliefs are in accord with the Scriptures (1 Thessalonians 5:21).
- I believe in the Apostles‘ and Nicene-Constantinople and Athanasian Creeds in their fulness, without alteration.
- ASV. American Standard Version (1901)
- ASVBT. American Standard Version – Byzantine Text (1901/2021)
- BSB. Believers Standard Bible.
- KJV. King James Version
- SSB. Scofield Study Bible with 1917 notes (public domain), adaptations.
- WEB. World English Bible.
Unless otherwise indicated, site content is copyright ©1995-2023 Br. Charles. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, product names and logos appearing on the site are the property of their respective owners. Copyright infringement is not intended.